Monday, January 15, 2024

SANKİ WEDDING (1)

26-1-2023 …

Got up at 5 in the morning.  Checked out hotel and to New Delhi Ajmer Gate railway station.  

Travelling to Meerut by Shatabdi Express.  Me wife son.  

 Got down at Meerut at 8:30 and to Sanki residence by e-Rick.  The so-called-road, nothing but a combination of different varieties of uneven stones, rekindled my memorable moments of my travelling saga during 1976 to 1980 in Madras.  From Mount / Pazhavanthangal stations to my residence in Kannan Nagar by jatka / rickshaw.  At that time I was in twenties and my bones danced to the tunes of upheavals of the rides.  But today, that too being my 70th birthday, the bones started crying.  What an unforgettable experience.  A wonderful Gift.  


On stepping into his home, Superb hospitality showered on us.  His parents, his brothers, his other close relatives are very courteous.  Traditional UP Brahman breakfast.  Jalebi Pakora Chai.  Their rituals started.  Keenly observed their customs and traditions.

Viewing the Street-activities from the balcony.

 

With Mahendi and a cute little girl.


Baraat started.  Watching from the balcony.








No comments:

Post a Comment