Monday, October 1, 2012

I’ve learned ...


.....

I’ve learned that I cannot make someone love me. All I can do is be someone who can be loved.

I’ve learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don’t care back.

I’ve learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.

I’ve learned that it’s not what I have in my life but who I have in my life that counts.

I’ve learned that I shouldn’t compare myself to the best others can do.

I’ve learned that I can do something in an instant that will give me heartache for life.

I’ve learned that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I’ve learned that I should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time I see them.

I’ve learned that I'm responsible for what I do, no matter how I feel.

I’ve learned that either I control my attitude or it controls me.

I’ve learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I’ve learned that sometimes the people I expect to kick me when I'm down will be the ones to help me get back up.

I’ve learned that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.

I’ve learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.

I’ve learned that I should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish.  Few things are more humiliating, and what a tragedy it would be if they believed it.

I’ve learned that my family won’t always be there for me. It may seem funny, but people I'm not related to can take care of me and love me and teach me to trust people again. Families aren’t biological.

I’ve learned that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes I've to learn to forgive myself.

I’ve learned that no matter how bad my heart is broken the world doesn’t stop for my grief.

I’ve learned that my background and circumstances may have influenced who I am, but I'm responsible for who I become.

I’ve learned that I don’t have to change friends if I understand that friends change.

I’ve learned that I shouldn’t be so eager to find out a secret. It could change my life forever.

I’ve learned that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I’ve learned that no matter how I try to protect my children, they will eventually get hurt and I will hurt in the process.

I’ve learned that even when I think I have no more to give, when a friend cries out to me, I will find the strength to help.

I’ve learned that credentials on the wall do not make me a decent human being.

I’ve learned that it’s hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting people’s feelings, and standing up for what I believe.

I’ve learned that people will forget what I said, and people will forget what I did, but people will never forget how I made them feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment